A Raspberry Sorbet with a alcoholic difference
- Heavy Bottom Saucepan
- Electric / Hand Blender
- Electric / Hand Whisk
- 250 ml Tipsage Farm Raspberry Gin
- 450 g Frozen Raspberries
- 600 g Castor Sugar
- 500 ml Suavignon Blanc
- 500 ml Water
- Place all the ingredients except the Tipsage Farm Raspberry Gin into a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring gently to a simmer and hold at a simmer for ten minutes
- Remove from heat and blend with a hand blender until smooth
- Rub through a fine sieve to remove the seeds. Repeat if necessary or strain through a cheesecloth to remove all the seeds)
- Allow to cool down to almost room temperature
- Whisk in the Tipsage Farm Raspberry Gin and place in the Freezer for at least 24 hours.
If you wish, you can remove from the freezer during the 24 hours and use a whisk to break down any large ice crystals. Dependent on your freezer, this sorbet can take up to 48 hours to freeze, due to the sugar and alcohol ratios.